Email in General
- About Netiquette - Gives advice on manners and formatting in electronic communications, with an emphasis on email.
- Electronic Mail Etiquette - Discusses the proper way in which to format and compose a message, as well as some suggestions regarding courtesy and emoticons.
- E-mail Etiquette - Provides guidelines dealing with quoting, smilies, salutations, digital signatures, privacy, abbreviations, flaming, and newsgroups.
- Seven Annoying E-Mail No-No's - Provides some annoying habits of message composition. Directed to a business user.
- Spam Is Not the Worst of It - A personal discussion of common annoyances, ranging from bad spelling to chain letters and attachments.
- Towards an Ethics and Etiquette for Electronic Mail - Gives a general introduction to e-mail, and then offers guidelines for sending, receiving, and replying to messages.
- Of proper quoting - by Professor Tino Salmi.
- Business Netiquette International - Discusses proper procedures for composing and sending business-related e-mail messages, especially in an international context.
- Guide to Flaming - Provides an explanation and introduction to the topic, as well as how to respond to, and deal with, flames.
- How to Handle a Troll - Offers an explanation of this phenomena, as well as advice on how to respond.
- Internet Netiquette - Gives a summary of the important points of e-mail, mailing list, USENET, and chat etiquette.
- The Net: User Guidelines and Netiquette - A comprehensive guide to all aspects of electronic communication, including Telnet and FTP. A question and answer section is also given.
- Net-Ethiquette Cases - A lengthy list of poor or abusive practices on the Internet which are to be avoided.
- Netiquette Guidelines - This is the full text of RFC 1855, which is the unofficial standard work on electronic etiquette.
- Netiquette Home Page - Gives a description of the main rules of online etiquette. A quiz, mailing list, and ordering information for an etiquette book are also provided.
- Networking on the Net - An article on professionalism, ethics and courtesy on the Internet, with special reference to e-mail, bulletin board, and chat communications (January, 1998).